Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Els testing the waters with new coach?

Ernie Els was seen working with Butch Harmon recently. Could this be a split from long time coach David Leadbetter? Ernie has said that it was a trial and he will elaborate when more details are available. Ernie has also been meeting up with his trainer Josh Salzmann at the gym at Wentworth and has kept up to speed with the fitness side of things. As Ernie wrote on his website www.ernieels.com , " That’s a big deal for me now. I mean, I would say I’m in even better physical shape now than I was 10-12 years ago. That makes a big difference in terms of my flexibility and my strength, which has a seriously positive impact on the golf swing. It’s one of the key things that will help keep me playing my best golf this year and in years to come. "

Let's hope the Big Easy can find his way back to the top of his game.

No comments: